blue basilica

~ as if truth were a secret in such low solution that only immensity can give us a sensible taste ~

Name:
Location: Brooklyn, NY, United States

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

the order of things.

i really have no excuse for writing a blog post when i could be writing my grad school personal statement, so i wont do the former until i finish the latter - which i have a little over a week to do.

this includes not blogging tomorrow about the election today. unless i finish the personal statement before tomorrow. which is highly unlikely.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't you post your personal Statement?

11:46 AM  
Blogger Jeannie said...

that's a good idea

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.sondheim.org/php/home.php?menu=0&submenu=0&latest=5

6:00 PM  
Blogger Modestmerlin said...

you're going to grad school? you don't seem like the academic type.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Joanna Goddard said...

yes, i've never heard an interesting thought come out of your mouth. on our first date, we didn't watch Howard's End or talk about free will. you never tried to convince me to read In Cold Blood or East of Eden, you didn't show me the genius of Woody Allen's neuroses, and i never nicknamed you "Semantic Sam." we never talked for hours about books or philosophy or politics or psychology, and you never ever tried to get me to rethink the existence of God.

nope, definitely not the academic type.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Nora said...

I've been going over the posts on blue basilica in an attempt to determine, in the most objective manner possible, whether they would make me think that Bean wasn't the academic type, if I didn't know him. The verdict is in - not so much. Bean's posts are, on the whole, thought provoking, well written and witty.

Merlin, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say that I'm sure you didn't mean your comment as an insult. Nevertheless, you have struck my loyalty nerve and I feel it incumbent upon myself to tell you that even if your intentions were not bad, your comment is most certainly wrong.

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home